Note: Mineral Secrets' bases have sun protection qualities due to the Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide ingredients. However, you still need to use a sunblock with sun exposure! Our bases will protect your skin better than if you had nothing on, but you still need to protect your skin adequately with SPF products.
Most popular shades: Barely There, Cool Beige, Cashmere
To help determine the undertone of your skin - look at the underside of your arm. If your veins appear bluish you are cool toned, if they appear greenish you are warm toned. If you can't decide between Cool or Warm Skin Tones - Cool coloring is much more common than warm.
Includes "jewel tones" - blues, greens, pinks,
Includes "earth tones" - yellows, oranges, browns,
Foundation is pink based
Foundation is yellow based
My skin is:
My skin is:
Notable examples -
Nicole Kidman, Meg Ryan, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth
May Contain: Iron Oxide, Ultramarines.
1. Sprinkle a small amount of Loose Base into the jar lid or a small dish or lightly swirl bristles over Pressed Base (Hint: Mineral makeup goes a long way; you do not need nearly as much powder as you think you do).
2. Pick up the powder with the brush, working the powder into the bristles a little bit.
3. Knock the base or handle of the brush lightly against the side of the dish to remove excess, or turn the brush bristles-up and tap it lightly on counter to settle the powder into the brush (This keeps you from applying too much powder and getting a dry or chalky look).
4. Apply the powder to your face. Some like to apply in circles, some glide it on in long strokes. Even if you are shooting for maximum coverage, remember that several light layers are better than one thick one.
With the Flocked Sponge, the process is similar, but you can vary the coverage by changing the way you apply it to your face. Experiment with patting, rolling and stroking your foundation on. For a different look, try applying your Base with a damp sponge.
You can also use a clean flocked sponge to smooth on that flawless look after applying powder with a brush. Using downward strokes minimizes the look of pores and causes those fine little facial hairs to lie down and disappear!
Note: Mineral Secret's bases have sun protection qualities due to the Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide ingredients. However, you still need to use a sunblock with sun exposure! Our bases will protect your skin better than if you had nothing on, but you still need to protect your skin adequately with SPF products.
1. Undertones: Are your tones OLIVE/YELLOW/GOLDEN, NEUTRAL, or PINK/COOL/RUDDY?
PINK/COOL/RUDDY: Cashmere (not for ruddy), Cool Beige (great for ruddy), and Sea Shell (listed in order of lightest to darkest).
NEUTRAL: If your skin is very light with no pink or minimal pink, you will want Barely There. However, if it is very light but with a lot of pink or red, you will want Cashmere or Cool Beige (for red or ruddy, Cool Beige will look the most natural). If your skin is very fair you will want Barely There (a neutral shade). If your skin is light with pink or cool undertones you will want Cool Beige.
OLIVE/YELLOW/GOLDEN: If your skin is light with Olive/Yellow/Golden undertones, you will want Oatmeal.
If your skin is:
In between light and medium, with neutral or warm tones, you will want Cashmere.
Medium with Olive/Yellow/Golden Undertones you will want Canvas.
Darker than medium, but not ethnic, you will want Sand Dune.
Very tanned Caucasian or Asians can wear Sand Dune.
Medium with cool tones you will want Seashell or Cocoa.
Ethnic and medium brown to dark your color selections are (listed in order of lightest to darkest): Cocoa (cool), Sand Dune (warm), Caramel (warm), and Espresso (neutral).
2. Is your neck lighter or darker than your face, or an all together different color?
If your neck is a different color than your face, you will need to use the Mineral Makeup Base on the jaw/neck area as well. The reason for this is due to the concealing that the mineral base achieves. Your face will be all one color/shade and your neck will most definitely look un-natural. By blending a small amount of the mineral base down the jaw and onto the top portion of the neck, you will achieve a very natural look without a line of demarcation.
3. Is your skin oily and or with large pores?
If so, you will want to purchase the Porcelain Finishing Powder. When applied over large pores, the Porcelain fills in pores and hides them! When applied to oily areas prior to the Mineral Base application, the Porcelain helps hold back oily shine.